Dresscode believes that exposure and community are two key ingredients that will excite women and girls about coding and STEM. We strive to encourage curiosity and build community by merging fashion and technology.
Many girls have been taught to view computer science as "boring", "nerdy", and "too hard." Dresscode strives to break down the stigma associated with computer science.
The Dresscode team believes there is beauty in technology and innovation. Dresscode has developed a unique product ecosystem that merges fashion and technology to educate women and girls about computer science and coding. The company has sophisticated accessories that have computer science code strings from different languages on them. The user then takes that code on the bracelet to the website and enters in the code on the accessories to unlock different lessons that teach the user how to code.
MISSION: Our goal is to encourage curiosity by merging fashion and technology.
PHILOSOPHY: There is beauty in technology and innovation.
- We are informed and always willing to learn more. Our team is engaged with the World and community around us.
- Love what you do and be passionate about the Dresscode mission.
- Build a brand that inspire others to do great things.
- Do what you say you are going to do, better than you think you can.
- Just get it done, especially if it is your idea or if you say you are going to do it.
- Present yourself in the best light you possibly can and seek to find the beauty in everything you do.
- Look for the good in everything
- Know that things change, be ready to expect the unexpected every day.
- Team Mentality
- We win together, we lose together. Winning is always better but losing allows for learning.
Dresscode currently has operations in Chicago, South Bend, IN and Cincinnati, OH. Dresscode is an 1871 Chicago WiSTEM company. WiSTEM is a program to help grow and scale businesses for high potential female led tech startups.